Nothing motivates me on a run like a good music playlist! The right song can push me to go a little faster or run a little longer. Unfortunately, the wrong song can also slow me down. So I put a lot of thought into my running playlists and definitely love to tweak them for different runs depending on length or type. I’m training for an upcoming 5K and need to get some miles in so I created a new running playlist! I love songs that I could dance to at the club (not that I club, but ya know, if I was still a cool 22 year-old…) and definitely start off with Pop-py songs to get me pumped up for the run and then transition into some more solid songs that really help when the run starts getting tough.
- Mmm Yeah — Austin Mahone feat. Pittbull (3:52)
- Rockstar 101 (Chew Fu Teachers Pet Fix) — Rihanna (4:29)
- Wild Ones — Flo Rida feat. Sia (3:54)
- We Run the Night — Havana Brown feat. Pitbull (3:48)
- Need Your Heart — Adventure Club feat. Kai (4:26)
- Levels — Avicii (3:20)
- Can’t Believe It — Flo Rida (3:43)
- Twisted — Usher feat. Pharrell (3:43)
- Pumped Up Kicks — Foster the People (4:00) This song has helped me through some REALLY tough miles
- Helena — Foster the People (4:36)
- Confident — Justin Bieber (4:08) “I know hunny bunny that’s a funny thing” (love that part!)
- Girls — The 1975 (4:15)
Just listening to these songs makes me want to lace up my tennies and get out the door! Oh, and go ahead and judge me for the Biebs song. I judge me too. #YOLO 😉 Safety side-note: I do a fair amount of trail running that takes traffic out of the equation, but if you are running on the road safety is important. Lots of running organizations do not recommend running with earbuds because it affects how well you can hear what’s going on around you – like approaching cars. I heard one story about a runner listening to music with headphones getting HIT BY A PLANE that crashed. Be careful when working out with music and be aware of your surroundings! Question of the Morning:
- What’s your favorite workout song?